Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Making It Happen

So I've been trying to be more socially active this year. That doesn't exactly mean going out more often, but rather trying to hang out more frequently with friends and following up with new people I meet along the way. I've been making the effort to see who wants to do stuff and just making it happen. That's my motto this year, "Make It Happen". Instead of talking about what you want to do, just make it happen. Call that friend up and say, hey, let's go to this place or that place tonight or come on over if you don't feel like going out, hell, I've drive out 40 minutes to your place if that's what it takes. I understand that I might have more expendable time than others, so I just find out who's free on what nights and cater to their schedules.

With that said, last night I made my way up to North Tucson, an area I haven't been to in a while. I met up with my good friend Teqas who's been in Tucson for just as a long as me, but had distanced himself for quite some time. He took me to a place near his home called the Fox and the Hound, and I was pretty impressed with the bar/restaurant. They had delicious wings, $2 drafts, and real darts - not those plastic cheapies - that you could play for free! It was a good time as we played about an hour-long game of Cricket among 4 of us (yeah, we're not that good haha), drank about 20 or so beers, and kept the tab under $50. :) And after the Fox and the Hound, we made our way over to World Sports Grille, which is like a poor man's Dave n Busters. The games were a little expensive and kinda sub-par, but we received free pool since one of our friends knew the bartender, and pool is always fun. It was great to hang out with Teqas again and we're gonna make it happen more often. Tonight I am heading over to a friend's birthday dinner. Tomorrow is bowling league and for the last several weeks after bowling, I've been going out with other players in the league and getting dinner with them instead of just heading home afterwards like I used to. So yep, that's my goal this year: making it happen and loving every minute of it!