Monday, February 22, 2010

Basketball!

The IBM Basketball league started today. I looooove basketball and this league is one I look forward to every year since I know a lot of the players and there's more pride and bragging rights to be won. This year I am playing on a team that is all speed. We have 3 point guards including myself, which is funny because there are a few teams out there who don't even have 1. For the record, I actually prefer to play the 2, but can play the 1 if need be. Anyway, tonights game was against my former team of the last two years. That team's captain wanted to draft me again this year but another friend of mine snatched me up first. So my new team doesn't have much height (only one guy over 6') but we are really quick and can all shoot and handle the ball well. I think I racked up 8+ steals tonight...I was a really a pest out there, hehe. My shot wasn't falling tho' and I must've been 0-7 from beyond the arc, but I got my layups and you can't overlook the number of turnovers I forced. Oh, and my teammate asked if I had springs in my shoes 'cause I was really getting up there on the glass; it's nice to be healthy again!

As for the game, it was close for the first 30 minutes or so, but the last 10 minutes is when we really turned it on and put together a nice run, winning the game 60-53. It was also nice to get the victory against my former captain since I know he was disappointed that my new captain stole me in the draft from him. This team can really run and I'm looking forward to the next game. Now if I can just get my outside shot to fall next time... :)