Monday, August 16, 2010

Birthday Blogging

Today is officially my birthday! Figured I'd get a quick blog in today. I'm a whopping 27 years old... *sigh* ...which leaves only 3 more years in my twenties. But I'm not concerned, life has been great to me lately and I owe a lot to my new, positive, "Make It Happen" mentality that I've had all year. I've met so many new people this year, friends that I plan to keep long-term and not just seasonal, and I've kept up with my older, closer friends as well. Loving every minute of 2010, I celebrated my birthday this glorious year by just spending it with as many friends as I could, new and old!
I started the festivities off at my place around 5pm on Saturday by watching the Cardinals preseason game with my good friends from high school, Kyle, Jeff, and Mike. Thanks guys for coming down to hang out with me! People eventually started coming over throughout the night and we got several good games of Fingahs and Flipcup in. I think I drank 7 bottles of Guinness, another 4-5 Coors Lights, and a couple of gin and vodka shots before I hit up O'Malleys on 4th. Yeah, I've been going there a lot lately but I like the venue and the scene enough where it hasn't gotten old.
For my birthday, I wanted to stick out a little, but nothing too crazy. I decided to go with a nice dress shirt and a tie hanging around my neck. At first I was planning to just do the d-bag outfit solo, but my friends wanted in on the fun so you'll see some of them wearing my ties as well. When I got to the bars, I was drunk, but not yet smashed, so people proceeded to buy me several shots, beers, and throw in a hand-grenade. :) By the end of the night of was pretty wasted and when I got home, I passed out and missed the after party at my place. :( But I was happy to survive (I didn't pray to the porcelain god) and had a blast celebrating my birthday! Thanks to everyone who came out to see me!!!