Sunday, August 8, 2010

Matt's Entry: Recipe for White Wine Angel Hair Pasta

Matt was the winner of the August 4th contest on my blog and chose for me to give him one of my easy yet delicious new recipes that I've recently discovered. Out of the dishes I offered him here is the one he picked.

White Wine Angel Hair Pasta

Ingredients:
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup white wine
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon minced shallots
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 lemon
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Optional: diced chicken breasts, shrimp, scallops, or veggies

Directions:
1. In saucepan or pot, combine broth, wine, heavy cream, shallots, garlic, and juice squeezed from the lemon.
2. Cook on high heat for several minutes to reduce liquid, then stir in butter until melted, then add flour into sauce until fully mixed.
3. Reduce to medium-high heat and let it cook some more. At this point I would add any optional meats/veggies but they would need to be cooked separately before you add them to the sauce.
4. Serve over angel hair pasta and add salt and pepper if needed and enjoy!

Depending on what you serve the pasta with, you may or may not want to add those optional meats and vegetables. I'm sure you could throw in anything that sounds good and that's the fun with cooking. You can be creative and let your experience take over the recipe.

Shown below is the end result, served with breaded chicken breast. For the white wine, I chose Sauvignon Blanc by Concannon, which I chose based on reviews and value, but any of the white wines should work well (maybe avoid the pinkish colored ones). Good luck and have fun!!!