Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Nate's Entry: Scottsdale Weekend

Nate was the winner of the July 11th contest on my blog and he chose for me to blog about the weekend I visited him, so Nate, this entry is for you buddy!

I visited Nate this past weekend while his fiance was out of town, which allowed us to do all kinds of bachelorish stuff. Haha, actually all it meant was that we'd be hanging out without Elizabeth around, but not like that wouldn't happen anyway when she's around 'cause Elizabeth is very cool.
I got into town around 5pm on Friday and we had dinner at Carolina's Mexican Food on Cactus and 24th (recommended by Chet). I got a Chorizo burrito enchilada style, which was quite satisfying, while Nate got the Oaxaca Special - WTF Nate!?!?

Whenever I go to Phoenix and Scottsdale, I literally try to see everyone I know while I'm in town. I know several people, so trying to see everyone is usually very exhausting and requires me driving to all parts of town. But hey, you know me, I make it happen this year! So after our mexi-dinner, we went to Doug's house to play poker with Matt and Yuan. Just a quick 2-hour cash game with 10 and 20 cent blinds. Kevin joined in the fun as well; a great decision on his part as he walked away the big winner.


Since we were so close to Tempe, Nate and I decided to go out on Mill since neither of us had been there in forever. Yuan tagged along while we met up with Kyle at the Tavern. It was 10:30 and the place was kind of dead, but that didn't stop me from taking advantage of Buck Hunter. :D

Meanwhile, CJ happened to be coincidentally celebrating her birthday weekend that night on Mill too. Her and her friends were at the Cue Club, but when we walked by, the line had to be 50 people long... We punted and headed to Hooters instead to grab a beer and some wings and eventually CJ and her crew headed to the Tavern. Despite already being there earlier, we decided to go back and meet up with them.

What a difference an hour can make 'cause the place all of sudden was PACKED. Shown below is Nate being a clown on the dance floor.

The crowdedness didn't stop Kyle from doing what he does at bars. No, I'm not talking about Hurricane Kyle, I'm talking about Golden Tee!

We eventually left Mill and Nate, Yuan, and I were craving some Fili-B's, so we stopped at the one near Doug's house. When we got there, some goofball was playing with fire sticks in the parking lot in the pouring rain. LOL. Wish we had those kind of streetshows in Tucson.

I live in Tucson where Mexican fast food joints are very plentiful, but for some reason I continued to eat them while I was up in Phoenix. Mmm...carne asada burritos with extra guacamole never get old: anytime, anyplace!

The next day, Kyle, Nate, and I went to play golf at the Camelback Golf Course that Brad works at. Very pretty course on what was originally a gorgeous day, but unfortunately it started raining after we had only gotten through 5 holes. UGH. And when I say rain, I mean Flash Flood pouring! Unbelievable.

In the pic below, the branch that Nate is holding is one he sawed off with a golf ball. LOL.

So instead of golfing all afternoon, Nate and I went back to his house and randomly watched Roadhouse on TV. *punch* ROADHOUSE. :P New contest: first person quote where that comes from gets to pick a blog entry! Hehe. And no, the answer is not Roadhouse itself.
I stopped by my parent's house for dinner before I set out for Kyle's girlfriend Jamie's birthday party at their house in Scottsdale. Kyle had been working on remodeling his pool and it turned out great!
I was also very happy to see guest appearances by Puza, Tom, and Josh!
And of course with Josh there, we had plenty of Cornhole to play. But man, it was just not my night. I literally lost in every drinking game I played, Beer Pong and Cornhole. Ahh well.

I left the party around 10 and then headed out to Old Town were CJ was continuing birthday weekend. They started at Mulligan's and then we bounced to some club that I don't remember the name of. I do remember paying $8 a drink, something I definitely don't miss about Scottsdale clubs. $8 for a rum and coke. FML!

I ended the night by making a pit stop at Senor Taco. Diablo Shrimp Burrito baby! Haha, wow, I did NOT eat healthy this weekend.

The weekend ended with lunch with my parents and they love to eat in the Chandler area. They introduced me to a new noodle-house (China Magic Noodle) that's probably been open for less than 3 months. It was delicious and I'm happy to see a good noodle house finally open in Phoenix.
Although I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to, such as Mike, Jeff, and Sam, Scottsdale was still a blast as always! Looking forward to being back there for a week towards the end of the month!