Thursday, September 2, 2010

Another Bachelor Party in Vegas!

This last weekend I spent what was my 3rd bachelor party in Vegas over the past year. Each has been a very memorable experience and this time it was for my longtime neighborhood friend from middle school. It seems like just yesterday that we were kids on our block rolling tires and riding go carts in empty lots and playing countless hours of Nintendo 64 after school. 15 years later, Nate is getting married and here is the G-rated recap of the bachelor party. ;)

5 of us left from Phoenix on Friday afternoon and we immediately started the party off by making Nate drink beer out of a sippy cup that read "I'm Getting' Maweed!" This was the best man Mike's idea, Kyle bought the supplies, and I constructed it. The picture below shows Nate trying to sip the beer out of the bottle, but I think he gave up after getting nothing but head and just started drinking it without the top on.
Our hotel destination was the Mirage, where several of us had not stayed yet. There were several factors that went into this decision, mostly the rate we got for our awesome suites (to be shown later) and the things we wanted to do at the Mirage. I tell ya, I'm really starting to get spoiled when I stay in Vegas now. The last 4 trips I have stayed in suites at the Palazzo, MGM, Mandalay Bay, and now the Mirage. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a normal hotel room and I'm starting think I may never again. At the Mirage, we got the Tower Suites, which is 1,600 total square feet including 2 beds and baths, and about 4 big screen TVs. Nate's room even had a TV come out of the foot of the bed! These suites were siiiiiick and definitely rates up there among the suites I've stayed at the various hotels.There were 7 of us there for Nate's bachelor party including the bachelor himself. Patrick, Nate's friend from college, didn't arrive until much later on Friday. Friday night was a good night as we got all of the more crazier stuff out of the way like the strip club. I'll say that Sapphire was a much better experience this time than my last time there, but it really helps to 1) go earlier in the night and beat the rush and 2) reserve a table in advance. You should also expect to pay a pretty penny there, but hey, it's Vegas and it was well worth it!
Friday ended as classy as it can get. That's right baby. Nothing like ordering off the $1 value menu at the McDonald's in Vegas, which was PACKED at like 2am in the morning, gotta love it. I think several of us ordered at least 3 sandwiches a piece. I felt like a true balla bringing back Mickey D's to our fancy suite on the 2nd to highest floor at the Mirage. :)
Saturday involved lots of day drinking and gambling. I had one of my best runs at a Blackjack table while we were at the Palazzo. The cheapest Patrick and I could find was a $15 table, but it was a great idea to sit down as we each walked away with at least $240. I was $25 away from getting to hold my very first $500 chip. *sigh* Someday!
We eventually hit up the pool at the Mirage, which for some reason was much colder than one would expect in 100+ degree weather. It's funny that even with all the drinking going on at the pool, no one ever seemed to have to leave to go to the bathroom. Maybe being in the water helps absorb all that beer you consume and keep it out of the bladder? ;) Going into the jacuzzi at the end might've been a very bad idea tho' as we were all just drained that evening. After Mike and I walked around for about 90 minutes on the strip looking for a case of beer, I passed out for about an hour before dinner.Our formal dinner for the weekend was at Samba in the Mirage, their all-you-can-eat Brazilian Steakhouse (similar to what I experienced for Chet's bachelor party at Mandalay Bay). For those of you who have never had Brazilian all-you-can-eat and love meat, you are seriously missing out! The highlight of the night was probably when Kevin asked, "can I have a few more slices of that steak? Actually, can you just give me the whole thing?" and the server plopped what was probably a 12 oz piece of meat onto his plate. LOL.
The FAIL of the night was when yours truly started to pass out from a combination of all that meat in my stomach and the baking out in the sun by the pool (yeah, even after my nap). I never fell asleep at the table, but I just wasn't myself and couldn't even finish my drink before Nate finished his. AHHHH! Never thought I'd see that day, but oh well, it was Nate's bachelor party and this was his day I suppose. I eventually sacked up and pounded my drink after he showed me up.
I will say that once I went back to the room and polished off a nice, strong Vodka Redbull, I was good for the rest of the night! We actually didn't hit up any clubs or lounges as we had originally thought, but I don't think anyone was feeling that vibe so we ended up just gambling the rest of the night away, something I'm totally okay with. :)
In terms of my gambling results, it's hard to tell how much I actually won or lost. I know that I ended up with more funds than when I got to Vegas, but I also received cash for a flight I purchased ahead for Kevin and another $50 for Mike's fantasy football money. But I did throw down some bills at the strip club and for taxis, so in the end, I think I came out pretty even. Hey, can't complain with that! This trip was a ton of fun and Nate got one helluva a bachelor party, so I would say Mission Accomplished!!! The wedding is just around the corner! See ya then!!!