Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Gainey Ranch Part Deuce

Nate's bachelor party at the end of August was the start of a series of vacations/trips the next several weekends. On my list are:
1) Nate's Bachelor Party in Vegas 8/27-8/29
2) Gainey Ranch & Salt River in Phoenix 9/4-9/6
3) Nate's Wedding in Michigan 9/9-9/12
4) Cabo San Lucas 9/29-10/3
...and that's just September. In October there will be another bachelor party, another wedding, and possibly another Vegas trip...LOL.

Anyway, I'm blogging about #2 right now. I'm also doing this hours before I plan on driving up to Phoenix (AGAIN) to fly out to Michigan for Nate's wedding, so my apologies in advance if this blog entry seems quicker and less elaborate then usual. This Labor Day Weekend I spent in Scottsdale with Chet and Kassie and friends. They really enjoy staying at that Hyatt at Gainey Ranch and I don't blame 'em, it's quite nice. We got there Saturday afternoon and hit up the pool for most of the day. This time I had my iPhone with me so I was able to take some pictures at their pool. Whenever we go to the pool at the Hyatt, there are 3 things we like to do: pool volleyball, pool basketball, and the water slide! That slide is pretty bomb for a hotel resort... I probably mentioned it last time, but below is a picture of the 3-story corkscrew slide.
Saturday night was fairly uneventful, mostly because we were preparing for Sunday's big day that would involve Salt River Tubing. However, we did enjoy a nice classy dinner at Alto.
I didn't bring my camera with me to the river, but I'll say that it was a lot of fun as usual. I have friends who say they "hate the river" since it's overcrowded, or dirty, or some silly excuse, but I don't think so. And who doesn't like floating in a tube for several hours doing nothing but drinking and baking in the sun?
After the river I would've expected to pass out at the hotel, but we actually hung at the pool some more and later tossed some Cornhole (thanks Jeff for kicking my ass). And after that, even though my head was pounding, we still somehow managed to go out to Zipp's at Old Town. The picture below of us playing shufflepuck was before I ended up getting completely trashed the rest of the night.
One of our friends carried around a breathalyzer all weekend long that we kept using...that night I blew a .19, which I think is fairly high. No one could get over a .2 without "cheating" it seemed.
In my drunken stupor I proceeded to drunk text like a mofo - I feel sorry for the victim - and I somehow came up with the following non-pickup line that I used on the waitress at the end of the night...
Me: "If you weren't so hot, I'd totally ask you out."
Her: "What!? That doesn't make any sense."
Me: "Oh, I think it does."
Her: "Well, are you going to be coming back to visit anytime soon?"
Me: "Nope, I'm not from around here. See ya later!"
FYI, I don't recommend using this if you actually want to ask someone out. :) Actually, the opener works, but the rest of it doesn't. HAHA
On Monday, I ended the trip with a fantasy football draft for my league that I conducted at Kyle's house with him and James. A good end to another fun trip and now it's time to get ready for the next one! Although I'll admit that all this traveling is starting to stress me out. I honestly don't know how people who do this regularly for work (*cough* Matt *cough*) can take it. I mean, I'm doing it for fun trips and it's already starting to annoy me! Oh well, the destinations are what help me maintain my sanity and keep me happy. :D Off to Michigan I go!!!