Saturday, July 9, 2011

PAndyX

A few weeks ago, I mentioned how I was starting to feel fat and out of shape and thus was going to change my diet and start doing P90X.  I had been on vacations the last couple weekends, but finally got to start last night with the Plyometrics workout.  It was pretty intense and halfway through and I really started to get tired, but overall it was a great workout and I enjoyed that I didn't even have to leave the house for it.  (Thanks Matt for hooking me up by the way!)

I can't actually say that I'm doing the P90X program though.  My goals are to maintain my current lifestyle, but add P90X into the mix.  For example, I still lift weights every 3-4 days and play basketball on the days that I don't lift.  However, I don't play basketball on back-to-back days anymore, so if you do the math, that leaves several off-days where I'm not doing anything.  Those are the days I am reserving for P90X cardio-workouts.  I likely won't even touch the strength training videos since I have my own (not videos, workouts, duh!).  In addition to the workout routine, I want to maintain the same diet (which I altered a few weeks ago) that includes eating the same things, but eating them differently.  Also, you know I still like to party, so my drinking habits will remain the same.  There's also one more difference and that has to do with the 1 day of rest a week you get with P90X.  I don't plan on having a normal day of rest but instead will rest if I feel like I really need to.  I'm not worried about slacking and resting multiple days in a week since I've technically never stopped working out for 14 years straight.

For my body, the goals are simple.  Feel less fat and lose a couple inches off the waist.  People look at me and say, "you're crazy! you look just fine!"; but honestly I'm just not where I want to be and I don't want things to get worse.  That and I am crazy: I'm addicted to working out.  I'm not necessarily looking to regain the 6-pack abs I had way back in high school; I think I'd have to quit drinking to accomplish that. :) I just want to look slightly better and feel physically and mentally better as well and I achieve that by working out!

I guess I will still revisit my status in 90 days from yesterday, but just think of it more of PAndyX instead of P90X. :) See ya on September 26!