Sunday, July 24, 2011

Me: Live on twitch.tv playing StarCraft 2!

So you might recall from some of my previous posts that I'm really into this game called StarCraft 2.  StarCraft 2 is a real-time strategy game that is currently one of the most popular multiplayer games online right now.  It is probably the top game in the eSports gaming era at the moment and there is a huge fan and player base that encompasses tournaments being held worldwide and the gameplay being casted online.  There are already several players who cast themselves playing the game on a livestream...Team Liquid provides links to several of the current top SC2 players in the world right now.  I myself love watching livestreams of games and decided that I'd give livestreaming a try.

For the last week I have been learning how to stream gameplay to the popular website: twitch.tv.  I learned a ton about streaming in the process and am proud to say that my stream is ready to be shared with my friends and the world.  I know I'm not the best gamer out there, but I can definitely hold my own (I won the online tournament for Red Alert back in '99).  I'm just hoping that streaming my games can be a fun experience for myself and anyone who becomes a fan of me.  I know there are professional StarCraft players out there who are 100x better than me and I am not putting myself anywhere close to their level...but if I did, wouldn't you want to be a part of it? :)

With that said, feel free to check out my game at http://www.twitch.tv/atrain64 and like my fan page on Facebook. :D I welcome all comments, suggestions, questions, and to an extent, insults, lol.