Thursday, November 4, 2010

Indian Food: A Coworkers Treat

On occasion, my coworkers and I will bring in for lunch homemade leftovers for each other. One of my coworkers, Kaisar, is indian and him and his wife make the greatest meals. Well, not that the dishes from other teammates are any bit subpar, I just happened to have his most recently. The picture to the top left is some lamb curry that Kaisar brought for me and it was DELICIOUS! I am convinced that any food prepared correctly can be scrumptious - even eggplant. Yes, eggplant. That gross purple vegetable that nobody likes. ;) Well Kaisar gave me an eggplant that was cooked in lentil juices (I assume, I'm not actually sure and I'm probably way off here) and it was excellent! It's not shown above 'cause I ate it already. Haha.

The picture to the bottom right is another meal that Kaisar brought for me but that time it was fishhead curry. OMG, so freakin' tasty and although I know that Americanos will think that anything out of the ordinary is gross, like heads, stomachs, intestines, livers, etc. All I can tell you is that you're missing out. Like I said, anything prepared well can be good (although fishhead is good in any form) and everything in the world is worth trying at least once in my opinion. If I were to ever lose my sense of taste I don't know if there'd even be a point to living anymore. Anyway, thanks Kaisar and thanks to his wife as well. I swear, I'd marry that woman for her cooking alone! :D