Tuesday, October 26, 2010

NBA Season Tips Off Tonight!!!

It's no secret that I love sports, but when it comes to favorites, basketball is the one. I have been anxiously waiting the start of the 2010-2011 NBA season and tip off is just moments away from the time that I'm writing this entry.


The season opener features the Miami Heat @ the Boston Celtics and it should be a good one. I have LBJ drafted on both my $$$ fantasy leagues and am so excited to see what the Heat will look like this season. I know there are a lot of haters out there thinking they "stacked" them team or that LBJ left for the wrong reasons (maybe only Cleveland thanks that actually) and Bosh shouldn't be playing 3rd fiddle on any team, but hey, we've seen these superstar assimilations before: Garnett and Allen joining Pierce happened most recently but not as many critics complained. Maybe the talent of LBJ, Wade, and Bosh is so great that people just can't help but talk about it. I know I can't!
[picture courtesy of ESPN.com]

Watching basketball actually has another effect for me: it makes me want to play more as well. It's not like I've dropped basketball in the last few months, but with all the travel I haven't been able to get in there as often as I'd like. There'd be weeks were I didn't even pick up a ball and it sucked. Now that the vacations have subsided and I've more free time on my hands, I'm trying to go to the rec for pickup 2-3 times a week and so far I've been doing that and it's felt great!

So yep, totally ECSTATIC for this season! Now if we could only get some consistency from Gil' this year...