Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Victory is Mine!

It's time for another quick Duncan blog (heh, he lives such an uneventful life; definitely not as exciting as Jordan over there). Duncan is 5-years-old now, and for those first 5 years I had always fed him in the morning. However, as one would suspect, this led to him incessantly meowing and pouncing on the bed in the morning when he was hungry and expecting to eat, but while I wanted to sleep in. I don't know why I put it up with it for so long to be honest. It wasn't until I had someone over and he was doing that (I felt bad for the girl, but I guess it didn't bother her) that I decided to make a change. So for the last several weeks I have been slowly switching him to an evening diet. For the first week I would just feed him a little in the morning and then feed him the rest in the evening when I got home from work. Now I've completely omitted the morning meal and force him to wait for food 'til I get home. It must've been really hard on the guy, but hey, I should win the battle with my cat, right? And now he's bearable in the morning...not expecting to eat for until several hours after I wake up. W00T! Victory is mine!!!

P.S. I love you Duncan.