Monday, June 14, 2010

Expanding my Recipe Book

Last night I made chicken lo mein for the first time. I have a new goal and that's to try and make a new dish every other week, which is about how often I make a run to the grocery store. I've always thought of myself as a pretty decent cook and what I'd really like to do now is expand my knowledge of recipes.

Last night's chicken lo mein turned out pretty good...you can ask Ben or Jon what they think. It was kinda surprising how much work went into the preparation though. There were like 12 ingredients and you'd think it'd be simpler than that. Anyway, I give it 3.5 stars out of 5. Topping it off with some cilantro was definitely a huge plus, but I think next time I'll throw in some beef as well. Now the question becomes, what should I make next time?