Monday, October 31, 2016

Quick October Updates

Not a whole lot of excitement going on these days, so I'll just give some quick updates on my extracurriculars and routines. 

Mondays:

This year for Raytheon basketball we are 5-2 so far in the B league.  We had to forfeit a couple weeks ago when I was out traveling to Colorado Springs for SNIA.  Last week, we played shorthanded (5 guys made it, no subs) and lost to a very good team.  It's been harder this year than previous years as there are a lot of byes due to having 11 teams (so 1 team is always sitting each week), forfeits, and holiday schedules (like no games on Halloween today).  Regardless, it's fun to play with my fellow IBMers and we remain one of the teams (if not the team) to beat!

After basketball league, I sometimes go to Fox and the Hound to play 9-ball, since my team is still playing on Mondays.  I can usually get there by 8 or 9pm after my basketball game, so it's not too bad.  I just go straight from the Sporting Chance Center and play in my gym clothes.  Our team is doing alright and I'm currently 3-1 on the year.  Still a 4-speed in 9-ball. 

Tuesdays:

Still got 8-ball league on Tuesdays, also at Fox and the Hound.  Our team has struggled in recent sessions, but I've had a lot of roster changes to deal with and players moving up in skill.  We're currently in 3rd place this session and I'm 3-3 on the year.  Still a 5-speed in 8-ball. 

Wednesdays:

My one true "night off" of the week is Wednesday.  I have almost nothing ever planned on Wednesdays and will use this day to get in time at the gym or play video games.  Some games I've been playing recently are: Left 4 Dead on PC with some combination of Wes, Ryan, Tyler, Johnathan, and Beth; Division on PS4 with Jeff; or Dragon Quest Builders on PS4.  I still play Diablo 3 when the new season is out and I haven't been playing much StarCraft 2. 

Thursdays:

We're about 8 weeks into the bowling season.  We lost Tony this year (he's raising a new child), so we have two girls rotating weekly as our 4th player.  We are off to a slow start, as both myself and Chris are below our expected averages.  It's been hard to bowl big games this year for me, I wonder if all the additional extracurricular activities are affecting my game.  *shrug*  If I want to be a top athlete in all the sports I participate, I need to adjust and increase my endurance.  And I'm sure most of it is mental. 

Weekends:

Friday through Saturday have been pretty consistent for me.  I still find to hit the gym, go out with friends, and play a round or two of golf on one of the days.  There's NFL to watch on Sundays and the NBA season has also started!

Life is going well and I'm keeping busy.  No out-of-town trips planned for the rest of the year.  'Til next post, take care and thanks for stopping by!