Monday, May 12, 2014

Crunching Along (RE: Crunch Time!)

Following up on my leagues coming to an end...

Basketball finals for IBM went well and my team was able to put it all away in the first game, finding our way to a 54-40 victory.  Our team went undefeated on the year (11-0), the first time that's happened in IBM Basketball League in almost 10 years I'd say.  I probably won't get this lucky at the draft again, so I will have to indulge in the victory for as long as I can.  This will make a 3rd championship in 5 years and another trophy goes on top the cabinet in my office. :)

I wish I could say that I had the same success in Season 4 of After Hours Gaming League, but Microsoft once again defeated us in the semifinals.  Their team is just too good and they are likely going to win their 3rd championship.  To make matters worse, a couple of key players are leaving IBM after this season, which makes Team IBM significantly weaker for future seasons.  While it would've been nice to achieve the highest plateau in this league just once, IBM's fate looks short-lived.

Fortunately, I am able to enjoy some success in pool league!  After being denied 1st place for the session, my team played well and won the playoffs, sending us back to Big Money and winning plaques for everyone and $200 for the team.  That's now 4 straight sessions with a plaque, which is something to be proud of.  Now we just need to get back on top!

As I enter the off-season for my leagues (although pool is year-round), I am starting to plan my usual dose of trips and vacations.  I'll be going to San Fransisco in early June, Reno in late June, Washington D.C. for July 4th, and Seattle in August.  Many blogworthy items to come ahead!