Saturday, January 30, 2010

Avatar in 3D

I finally saw Avatar last night. I'm not one to go to the movie theater often, but I'll make exceptions when I want to see what all the hype is about. I saw the XD version, which I guess is the next tier above 3D. But from what I'm told, there's a negligible difference between the two...the latter just might be even more obnoxiously loud. Anyway, I definitely recommend seeing Avatar in the theaters if you haven't yet seen a 3D movie like this before. The 3D special effects took a while to get used to, but it becomes more subtle as the movie progresses. The world that they designed for this movie was absolutely stunning and if you're a graphics whore like I am, this will definitely fill your aesthetic appetite. The storyline was corny and predictable, but let's be honest, we didn't go see this movie for the plot. And I certainly wasn't in it for the alien love-making fest...lol? 3D films and television seem to be the up and coming new fad, and in my opinion, that trend is welcome.