Saturday, March 14, 2015

Clutch Performance!

Thursday night was the final week of the regular season for IBM Bowling League.  Our team had not qualified for the playoffs yet and we were tied for 1st place on the 8-week session. The goal was simple, win 3 out of 4 points against the other team tied with us and we secure a playoffs spot.  In addition, I personally needed a 634 series in order to lock up a 190+ average on the season.

Game 1:
Game 1 was close the whole way through.  I found myself up with a spare going into the 10th frame and our team down by 17 pins.  I threw a good ball that left all but the 10-pin and we had won game 1!  I closed out with a 224.
Score: 1-0

Game 2:
Unfortunately, we got destroyed in game 2, as all of their bowlers bowled well above their average.  It was not looking good anymore.  They had won game 2 and we found ourselves down by 105 total pins.
Score: 1-1

Game 3:
Our season basically came down to this.  Bowl our minds out or go home losers.  The bowling gods must have been shining down on us this night, as Tony bowled a 225, Chris bowled a 249, and I bowled a 268.  We ended up winning game 3 by over 150 pins and thus secured the 3-1 victory!
Score: 3-1

I finished the night with a career best 686 series and it couldn't have come at a better time!  Our team will be playing in the playoffs next on championship night, a chance to get back to the winner's pedestal that we've been missing out for the last couple years!

To make matters a little interesting, championship night of bowling also happens to fall on the same day that Chris, Tyler, and myself need to go to Las Vegas for the 8-Ball Southwest Challenge.  In other words, if I want to do both, I'll have to bowl Thursday night and drive straight to Las Vegas immediately afterwards, which would get me in Las Vegas around 4am in the morning, LOL.  This may be one of my greatest challenges to Make It Happen...wish me luck!

In other news...

You might recall that I recently purchased a 70" HDTV.  This forced the 55" into my bedroom and I no longer needed my 46".  I ended up donating my 46" Sharp Aquos to my parents, who have been stuck on 32" and 34" CRTs for the past 9 years since I've owned this HDTV I gave them.  LOL.  Needless to say, they are quite happy with HD programming.