Monday, July 28, 2014

New Bowling Ball!

Today I ordered a new bowling ball, the BYTE from Storm Bowling.  The last ball I purchased, the Storm Gravity SHIFT, was my first reactive ball I ever owned and I was really happy with it for the 6 years I had been bowling with it.  However, bowling balls do reach an end of life eventually after so many rolls down the lane.  I had taken my Gravity Shift to be revitalized a couple years ago, and while I have still seen my average go up since owning the ball, I felt like it was time for a new ball.
The Gravity SHIFT was an entry level ball at the time, which I bought for $100 off bowlingball.com (no drilling included).  The BYTE is a $250 ball that was $160 on bowlingball.com and included free shipping, so I was very happy with the price.  I figure it is time to take my game to the next level, and equipment definitely contributes to success.  I am so excited to try it out this season, which starts on September 11th!
It's been a while since our team has won a championship in the IBM & Friends bowling league, mostly because my team's player averages have somewhat peaked, so we are receiving less pins of handicap to help boost our score.  I'm hoping to advance my game with this new ball, which has nearly identical specifications as my previous ball, and get back into the winner's circle!  And while a 200 average might not happen right away, that is also another goal for this ball's lifetime!