Saturday, July 27, 2013

Andy Lin: You're Just Too Nice

I get told a lot that I'm just too nice a person.  It's true, I'm pretty generous and looking in the best interest of others.  And a lot of times I put others in front of myself.  But really, I just can't see another way of living life.  I'm a very fortunate person, blessed with great qualities and I've earned everything I've lived for to this point.  I just haven't got any real issues (definitely compared to some of the shit others have to go through).

I'm nice because I enjoy being nice, it makes me feel like a good person.  Nothing but good feelings are shared when you're nice.  And I just do unto others as I would like others to do unto me.  Life is really simplified for me, and I all I can do is appreciate how lucky I am.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I will always be nice and I will not change who I am.  And if you think I'm too nice, well, what probably should say is "go fuck yourself", but being the Mr. Nice Guy that I am, I'll just try and think of ways to make things better.

You've all heard of "Making It Happen" by now, but I'm embracing a new motto that I heard from my friend Chris's friend Peter: "Do the right thing."  While I can't control the bad decisions others constantly make on a daily basis, I can control mine.

"Do the right thing."