Thursday, April 19, 2012

Championships Await!

The month of April has been a good one for me and this next week is gonna be big as I have two important championships coming up!

The AHGL Finals featuring IBM vs Epic will take place this coming Saturday, April 21st at 5:00pm. You can watch the event at http://day9.tv/live that will be broadcasted live by Day9 and my favorite StarCraft caster Husky!  I will be playing 6th in the matchup, which means I won't actually get to play if the series ends 4-0 or 4-1.  Regardless, we are playing for lots of bragging rights and a $5,000 donation to our charity, Youth Service of America.
My team in the IBM Basketball League also won yesterday, which puts us in the Finals this coming Wednesday, April 25th at 6:00pm.  We unfortunately lost a game, coincidentally to the same team we will be facing, so we will have to beat the other team twice without losing in order to claim the title.  Both teams are very strong, so it should be a challenging night ahead.
I am super excited for both events and will update my blog with the results. Wish us luck!