Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Waterless = Sad Andy

Over the weekend, I was one of the unfortunate homeowners who suffered from frozen water pipes that eventually broke.  You can see in the picture a huge slit towards the bottom of the pipe. *sigh*  So not only have we not had water for a while, since so many homes in Tucson were affected, I have to wait until Thursday before a plumber can come fix it.  Now I'm usually decent when it comes to stress control - I try to not let many things bother me - but honestly, it really sucks having no water.  I have been taking my showers at the gym, which is totally inconvenient.  Jonny and I bought several gallons of water in case we need to deuce, but I've been holding out until I'm at the office or out and about.  But even at work they've been having water problems. :/ I also typically drink tons of water throughout the day.  When I play video games I love having a glass of water full at all times...it's just become a habit.  Instead, I have been drinking more gatorade and conserving our water supply towards other things.  It just lowers my happiness when water isn't easily accessible.  I'm sure you all know how much it sucks.  I can't do laundry, but I have a trip to get ready for (Orlando) on Thursday, so I'm either going to have to do it at a laundromat or a friend's place.  That's another thing, the plumber comes on Thursday morning, so will the pipe be fixed before I leave for vacation?  I just can't fix this thing on my own and even if I could, piping supply is sold out at several stores.  It's just a mess over here and I'm a sad panda right now.  I miss you water so much.  :'(