Sunday, July 25, 2010

The End of an Era...

Although Nate was the winner of the last blog entry, he chose my next blog to be about the weekend I come to visit him in Scottsdale (which is this coming weekend). So he'll get his blog eventually, but in the meantime, there's other stuff to fill you out on!

So sadly enough to say, my roommate and good friend Ben is moving out at the end of the month. He's headed back to Seattle to be closer to friends and family and hopefully have a little more success in the current job market than here in Tucson. On Friday, we threw him a going-away party; I guess it was more of a going-out night to see him off. He picked dinner at Guadalajara Grill, which I had actually never been to before. The restaurant is very festive inside and the best part was definitely the table-side salsa they make before you from scratch. I couldn't stop eating the chips and salsa and it spoiled the rest of my dinner, but hey, it was just that good!
After dinner we headed over to Chet and Kassie's since there were a number of people who are allergic to my cat and we just thought going to their place would be more convenient. This proved to be a very dangerous tho', as pregaming with Chet and Ramon can be a very bad idea. We ended up doing Sake bombs and most of you probably know how effed up that can get you in a hurry...and doesn't help when it's Chet pouring the drinks. :)
I was pretty drunk from pregaming and well before I got to the bars and all the guys got pretty smashed. It takes a lot for Ben to get hammered and there was no way I could keep up with him although I really tried, but I think overall the night was a success. I don't have pictures from the bars since I was in no shape to be taking them, :) but we ended up going to O'Malley's and it was a good look that night.So anyway, I wish the best of luck to Ben and thanks for being such an awesome roommate these past two years! I'll definitely have to go and visit him out in Seattle!