Monday, April 5, 2010

Opening Day!

Today is Opening Day in baseball! ESPN is showing 5 games today and I'm currently watching the Cardinals and my favorite pitcher (see left) as I'm typing this...ugh, he just gave up 2 bombs to the Reds in the 4th inning. I think Opening Day should be a National holiday! I'm not crazy either; there are a ton of people in the baseball stadiums today and a majority of the games are played in the afternoon in their respective time zones. I guess I could take the day off, but it's much easier to just watch the games from home or from my work computer and save the vacation day for later.
I love baseball, but I also do fantasy sports, and you could argue that fantasy is the reason I love Amercian sports so much. The fantasy basketball season just ended and I finished 2nd and 3rd in my two money leagues. In the league I commish were I ended in 2nd place, my friend Kyle just missed the finals by 1 defensive rebound or 1 block. If I had played him instead of Sike who I actually played, I would've won the championship. So that 1 missed stat (that we can blame on Jeff Green fouling out with 5 minutes left in a Sunday game haha) cost him $80 and ultimately cost me $120. Fantasy is funny, but sometimes that's just the luck factor at work. If your curious how successful I am as a fantasy manager, feel free to browse my profile for private leagues and my profile for public leagues. But I must warn you, my sheer prowess may overwhelm you. ;) Haha, j/k.
So with the end of one sport is the birth of another! If you're a hardcore fan like me, I hope you get to watch at least two or three games today! Here's to Opening Day! I love baseball!!!