About 3 months ago, I started my "Summer Shred", which basically is just me using a walking pad on a regular basis at home. At first I was using it almost everyday, but I found it especially effective when I used the walking pad during my daily status meetings for work. Before I owned a walking pad, I often took the meetings from my chair or even my bed. But now I am always walking during these 30-45 minute meetings, thus increasing my physical activity on a daily basis, especially Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday when I have those meetings.
Here is the log of my walking time, speed, incline, Kcals burnt, and steps. The Kcal value is reported by the walking pad, so I don't know how accurate that actually is. Also, I rounded down the steps to the nearest hundred, for simplicity.
![]() |
| * Used a more accurate weight scale at the office. |
At the beginning of the summer, I came in weighing around 193-195 lbs via the weight scale at the gym. I feel like this scale is pretty inconsistent, so you'll see that I occasionally weighed myself using the more accurate scale at the office, which is what I'm basing my results off of. I started on May 15 and am reporting back on August 5 because I just took a vacation to Boston and I'm pretty sure I might have gained weight during the trip since I ate and drank freely without my usual level of physical activity when I'm home.
I feel like the results have been good so far! About 5 lbs lost in a 3 month period, although who knows how much of that is just water weight. Regardless, the results have looked good, and I feel way more active than I used to be working from home on a regular basis and having a standard corporate desk job. You'll also see that I was able to increase my speed and incline gradually once I got acclimated to the pad in an effort to increase the amount of Kcals burnt.
I'm going to continue using the pad regularly and see how effective it can be in the longterm. I'll share another update later in the year!
